One of my favorite elements of this art birthday party is the happy birthday melted crayon art sign I made as a backdrop for the food table! I love how it is so bright and colorful, and messy and artsy at the same time!
All I did to make this sign was to line up a bunch of crayons along the top of a piece of foam board, hot glue them along the top in rainbow order, and then use my blow drier and embossing heat gun to melt the wax down the sign. Once it all was dry, I just added some American Crafts Thickers (letter stickers that can be found at Michaels, Joanns, and any scrapbook store) to make the words.
Love the way my sign looks behind all of the colorful rainbow treats on the food table!
Another favorite detail of this party was the cake that I made...
I wanted it to be bright and colorful, so my brilliant husband cake up with the idea of flicking melted Wilton chocolate melts in just about every color all over the cake! Can you say Jackon Pollock?!
I love the artsy, colorful look it gave to the cake. Smart man, wish I had thought of it! I did think a lot about the inside of the cake though...
It's a rainbow! I made 6 individual round cakes, colored each one with a different food color (I used the gel food color since the colors are brighter), and put frosting in between each layer and on the outside of the cake.
I love the result! I did something similar when I made these individual rainbow cakes inside of baby food jars. The cake ended up being HUGE because of all the different layers- the bigger the better, right!
Now onto the food...
Fruit rainbow kabobs
Colorful Jello Orange Slices
Rainbow Slush
Rice Krispie Paintbrushes, dipped in fresh turquoise paint (okay, chocolate!)
I hope you enjoyed seeing a few of the details of my daughter's art party! For the activities I had a few different stations where the girls each made a different art of craft at each booth. Everyone had a great time, and the party was a huge success!
If you have any questions or want to know more details, feel free to leave a comment!
You might also like some of my other party posts, such as this Very Hungry Caterpillar baby shower,
my daughter's zebra print and pink Minnie Mouse party,
how to make your own adorable DIY serving dishes,
and this easy DIY cake pop and sucker stand.
Enjoy!
xo, Laura
If you liked this project, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin', and Instagram.














I'm in love with every idea you and your family came up with for this awesome party. My one question is how were the "Rainbow Oranges" made?
ReplyDeleteIts just jello in orange slices, heres a link on how to make them:
Deletehttp://quick-dish.tablespoon.com/2011/05/18/rainbow-gelatin-orange-wedges/