Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Tooth Fairy Bags (in less than 5 minutes!)

My daughter lost her tooth a couple weeks ago.  And I really mean lost.  Twice.  First, it fell out. Then, she left it on the counter, and when she went back to get it, her tooth was gone.  A lost tooth is so small and tiny, it can be hard for the Tooth Fairy to find (I would assume) under a pillow.  So I came up with this easy solution...


A cute little Tooth Fairy Bag for my kids to put their lost teeth in, and for the Tooth Fairy to put the money in for my children!  

Now my kids won't have to worry about having their tooth fall down underneath the bed, and the Tooth Fairy won't have to dig around underneath the pillow to find the tooth.  And she has somewhere safe to put the money for the tooth.  It's a win-win for everyone!

AND, it takes less than 5 minutes to make one of these cute little bags.  Can't beat that!

Here's what you'll need:
* A small drawstring muslin bag (I ordered mine from a seller on etsy).  If you are handy with a sewing machine, you could also whip one of these up in no time out of scrap fabric.
* Small piece of felt in white (and in any other color you choose)
* Glue gun
* 1" white felt letter (optional)

1.  Cut a little heart out of some felt. I used bright pink and blue.  (I am fairly confident in my heart-cutting skills, but if you need a little help, you could use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, or print out a heart shape from your computer to trace).

2.  Cut a little tooth shape out of the white felt, or use a 1" white felt letter to make the initial of your child's first name. I just eyeballed the tooth shape, but again, you could print out a shape from a google "tooth" search, and then trace it and cut.

3.  Use your glue gun to glue the tooth or letter onto the heart, and then the heart onto the drawstring bag.
Four bags I made for my four kids.  Yes, I made one for my one-year-old... never too early, right?!
Little tooth bag close-up.

Tooth Fairy bags with felt initials.
Tooth Fairy bags with a large tooth and a small tooth. 
That's it!!  So cute and oh so easy!  Now you have an adorable little bag for your child to keep for when he or she loses a tooth.  I'll even bet the Tooth Fairy would love an extra one of these to keep all those teeth in that get lost through the years ;)  Just a thought!  Hope your kids are as excited about this DIY Tooth Fairy Bag as mine were!
If you liked this project, please follow me on FacebookTwitterPinterestBloglovin', and Instagram.

XO, Laura

Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Janel! Your Tooth Fairy pillow is mighty cute too :) Gotta' keep the kiddos happy, right? Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips