Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Easy Football-Themed Frozen Balloon Drink Cooler + $100 Gift Card Giveaway

Thank you Dollar Tree for sponsoring this Football-Themed Frozen Balloon Drink Cooler.  As always, all opinions are 100% mine.

Practically all of San Diego was tuned in to the Chargers game a couple weeks ago, when our home town football team here in San Diego was seeking their first playoff win since 2008.  This was a big deal for our city, and we used it as a great excuse to eat some great food and cold drinks while watching the game!


I wanted a unique way to serve some retro style glass bottle sodas that I had been saving up for the game, so I used a fun idea from the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club that I just love!


Although ice and coolers are very effective at keeping drinks cool, they can also make a huge mess, so their solution was just perfect for my football game get together.  


You can find the directions for the Dollar Tree Frozen Balloon Drink Cooler HERE, on Dollar Tree's website.  While you're checking out the directions, be sure to sign up for the club

The Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club is a club full of crafts, recipes, decor, tips, contests, insider information, frugal fun ideas, and more!  Membership is totally free, and the ideas and tips change every month, so there are always fresh new ideas for you to discover.  Project sheets that are found online can be saved or printed, and are perfect for taking with you to the store as your shopping list.

Supplies I used:
  • Balloons (from Dollar Tree- I picked out the blue and yellow colored balloons) 
  • Large metal tub
  • San Diego Chargers Sticker (or your favorite football team's sticker- make sure it's repositionable if you don't want it there permanently)
  • Mini footballs (from Dollar Tree)

I used frozen balloons, as suggested in the directions, but chose to pick out and use the light blue, dark blue, and yellow balloons to go with my San Diego Chargers team colors.  Instead of using a large bowl, I used a large drink tub that I already had that was perfect for holding our drinks and ice!



After adding the Charger bolt to the front of the basket, and some frozen mini footballs to the inside of my tub cooler, we were all set to cheer on our team in style!  Much more festive than plain ice, don't you think?

Would you like to make your own?  Great, because I'm giving away a $100  Dollar Tree gift card to one of my readers!!  Exciting, right?  $100 goes a long way at Dollar Tree... that's 100 awesome items!  And the entry couldn't be any easier!  

Here's how to enter to win a $100 Dollar Tree gift card:

1.  Sign up for the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club (it's FREE).

2.  Leave a comment on this blog post, and make sure to include the email address you used when you signed up (to validate your entry).  I'd love to hear which project you'd like to try first!

The contest will end on Sunday, January 26th, 2014 at 11:59 pm, and I'll pick a random winner on Monday, January 27th.  Winner will be contacted by email.  Good luck!

If you'd like to see more great ideas from the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club, you can click on any of the photos below to see what other bloggers are creating.  Don't forget to join the club, and then leave a comment on this post with your email address.

If you liked this project, please follow me on FacebookTwitterPinterest, Bloglovin', and Instagram.

xo, Laura

You can also check out more Dollar Tree projects from other bloggers below…

Pin It!

50 comments :

  1. I would do the Paper Fortune Cookie Favors, cute! Signed up: jslbrown_03 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for the club: mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    My kids would enjoy the snow globe project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i signed up for their emails, i love the critter feet sock idea they had - my email is dtdady at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love their ideas!

    signed up: yes.4eva.r(atgmaildotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up! They have some cute craft ideas

    freebiequeen15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing I'd like to try is the Paper Fortune Cookie Favors. So cute and customizable for just about any theme! debra (dot) Womack (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up for the Dollor Tree Value Seekers Club. The first project that I would like to try is the decorative painted rocks they are so cute.
    heather hgtempaddy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed up! keshakeke(at)gmail(dot)com I would like to try the chili bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I signed up - verakhule@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try the cracked ice vases! I'm already signed up (kendall608(at)aol(dot)com).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up. njharmonyg @ aol.com
    Would try Paper Fortune Cookie Favors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Signed up with my email neiddyruiz@gmail.com
    The Platter Wall Hangings would be the perfect Valentine's day gift for my mom, I'm planning on making them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Signed up claudiaflores78@gmail.com
    The crackled vases look like a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. signed myself up! Daniellex at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea! Going to do this when the weather warms up! I would like to try to make the Ribbon Ball Topiary angelgenius27(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a member and I would like to try making the Ribbon Ball Topiary!
    Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm signed up as myfoxypup(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I forgot to say I want to make the Platter Wall hangings.

      Delete
  18. the jWall Hanging Platters I am already signed up using email aunteegem@yahoo.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I signed up and I like the wall hanging platters

    dlatany at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to try crackled ice vases project
    tcarolinep at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I signed up (robyn welling (at) gmail dot com - those paper fortune cookie favors would be perfect for hiding clues in my kids' scavenger hunt games!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So excited someone created this page to help others with ideas on crafts---sonia33603@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I signed up for the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club via faithrains2387 (At) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The frozen balloon idea is a really good one for inside! I would also like to try the tie-dye cake.
    hiwendyhi at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I signed up!!! Love all their arts and craft stuff!

    tracysalley29@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im in the club - I'd try the Tie Dye Cake!
    adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to try the Tie Dye Cake with my kids. Krystaldunlap1228420@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. The paper fortune cookies are so cute, I'd love to try those! jessicawyatt9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. These look great and I love the baby shower ideas, such as the bottle drinks!

    ashleysbookshelf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I signed up and would love to try their Pin the Football in the Uprights! That would be so fun for the kids at our families Super Bowl party get together! Fun!!!
    landfjacobson @ charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am signed up, and I would love to try the chocolate overload brownies! They look delicious! Thanks for the great giveaway! DamianMom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think I might try the water balloon cooler next time we have people over!

    I signed up with theshrubberyblog(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Paper fortune cookies daniellepearce12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. My 3 little ones and I are excited to try the Critter Feet project first!! My son wants to make bear paws, my daughter wants to make piggy feet, and I want to make our 10 month old a mermaid flipper by painting half on each sock :) We love arts and crafts and the cheaper the better.. we love the Dollar Tree! Thank you so much for the chance to win such an awesome prize!!

    babydjs_mom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've signed up at amweeks at ptd dot net. What great ideas! I'd love to try my hand at making the Tie-Dye Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I signed up and would love to try the Platter Wall Hangings project.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Signed up, ariannasma216@yahoo.com. I wanna do the magnetic clothespins

    ReplyDelete
  38. I joined under jaidahsmommy(at)comcast(dot)net. The first project I would try is the tie-dye cake, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I signed up deb55106 at gmail dot com And I want to make the tie dyed cake.

    ReplyDelete
  40. love your project!! lindseyjwinn at gmail dot come

    ReplyDelete
  41. I signed up for the Value Seekers Club: The project I would do is the paper fortune cookies!
    teebe008 (at) yahoo.com
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  42. Signed up - caradepancake@hotmail.com
    I'd like to try the Chocolate Overload Brownies first

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'd like the winter platter.

    hewella2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. We would definitely make the mocha raspberry pretzelwiches.

    asotv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I want to try all of them, lol, the clothespin magnets look fun and the mocha raspberry pretzelwiches look delicious, was already signed up with (littlesillysally at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I joined via bkittie at gmail dot com. I love the cooler you made - I'll have to try that with the ravens! I'm not a sports fan but my family would LOVE it! I might also try the clothespins and the bottles in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The chocolate overload brownies! Nom, nom.

    sarahnovey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am signed up! I would love to make the tie-dye cake!

    Thanks for the chance to win!
    wildorchid985 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I think the tie dye cake would be the project for us - then we could wear matching t-shirts! Marie - mfaggiole at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips