Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 13, 2013

Smartphone Security with Norton

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.

My husband and I both love to shop online from our cell phones and my iPad. With modern technology it's fast, easy, and convenient. However, TWICE now in the last year my husband has had to cancel his debit card because someone across the country tried to use it to buy gas. Luckily it was caught and stopped by our bank, but that has had me thinking- how safe is our information?


I took the opportunity to attend the Norton Truck Tour last night at UTC in La Jolla, CA to learn more about Norton Mobile Security and Norton Hotspot Privacy, and how to better protect my personal information. Shopping and a night out all to my very self? Sold!  

Did you know that more than 1/3 of smart phone users have experienced mobile cybercrime? I have to admit that I have never even thought about security for my iPhone. I just assume I'm safe. I use my smart phone just like I do my computer- for shopping, using the Internet, social networking, etc, so why shouldn't I protect my valuable information, just like I do on my computer?



I was greeted outside the Norton truck, and brought inside it was set up like a big city, complete with lights, a movie theater, a bank, and a coffee shop! I was given directions on how to complete my task, along with a device that I would use to answer questions about mobile security and take me on a tour of the city inside the truck.  


I was given clues, and was to go to the location in each clue and scan the present. At the end of the tour they scanned a card that I was given to see if I was a winner of a mall shopping spree that they were giving away. It wasn't me, but some lucky person will be doing some shopping soon!

One big thing that I learned in the Norton truck is that Norton software offers more than just protection against viruses- it can also help you locate your phone and backup your information.


As I left the Norton truck, I received a 60 day free trial of Norton Mobile Security, which I am very excited about! Norton Mobile Security protects multiple smart phones and tablets, stops access of private information, helps recover missing devices, and restores lost information. To get started, all I had to do was scan the QR code found in the information they gave me. So easy!

They are also offering free gift wrapping at the Norton truck, which is a great bonus for visiting, plus a fun photo booth complete with props at the end.

If you live in the San Diego area, be sure to visit the Norton truck on its' tour this weekend at UTC in La Jolla! They'll be here from Dec. 12-15th, from 11 am-7 pm Thursday-Friday, and from 10 am-8 pm Sat.-Sun.  

They will also be stopping in San Antonio, TX at La Cantera mall from Dec. 19-22 and at the CEW Conference in Las Vegas, NV from January 7-10th.

Be sure to keep up with Norton:


Okay, be honest, do you protect your smartphone? How safe and secure is your information?

xo, Laura

Pin It!

4 comments :

  1. That scavenger hunt is so cool! #client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? They did a great job with it- I loved the whole city they created!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe your husband has had to cancel his credit card twice within this year alone! I have no idea how hackers pick up all that information, but I love that Norton is an easy way to keep my devices protected. #client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Alicia! Isn't it crazy? Yes, thank goodness for Norton!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips