Instead of making the traditional hummus, I gave my recipe a twist by adding a large avocado and lots of cilantro to make an avocado cilantro hummus dip.
Let me tell you, this stuff is addicting! It's easy to adapt to your own personal taste, too. If you like more garlic flavor, just add more garlic. Don't like cilantro? Then skip it! Want to add a little spice to your hummus? Add some hot sauce.
Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large avocado, scooped from the peel
- 1 clove garlic
- Cilantro, to taste (I love cilantro, so I added an overflowing cupful)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. Tahini (a sesame paste that you can find at most grocery stores)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (regular salt is fine, too)
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Told you it was easy!
You can store this hummus in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container.
We dipped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and chips into our hummus. Any crunchy vegetable, chips, or crackers would taste great with it! This recipe is the perfect appetizer for your holiday parties- not only does it taste great, but is is so easy and quick to make, which is a must for this busy time of year.
xo, Laura





This recipe was absolutely delicious! I will be making this again.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, I'm glad you liked it! It really is so easy to make, I don't think I'll ever go back to store bought!
Delete