I am a firm believer in the the power and importance of family vacations with your loved ones. It doesn't have to be a trip to a far off, exotic land for your family to have fun together and create lasting memories! My family will be going on a short, but sweet vacation soon to Hollywood, where we will be checking out The Hollywood Wax Museum (you can check out their Facebook page here) for the first time... I can't wait!!
Here are a few great reasons why I believe family vacations are so important...
1. Everyone needs a break. We all get burned out from the daily grind, and often times a vacation is one of the only ways we can escape and get away and forget about work and a strict schedule. A vacation should be carefree and fun, allowing you to relax and forget about the stress of everyday life! When you take a break, you come back stronger and refreshed, and are a better worker (and parent) because of it.
![]() |
| Hiking up to the Mt. Timpanagus Caves two weeks before baby #3 was due |
2. Lasting memories. My kids LOVE going through our scrapbooks, where I have documented some of our many family vacations. They often talk about the adventures that we have had, the things that they have seen, and the fun they have had on our vacations. These are lasting memories that they will share one day with their children, which important. My kids will know that we loved being with them and spending time with them through our family vacations!
![]() |
| Snowball fight on a last minute vacation to Mt. Arrowhead |
![]() |
| Even dad got in on the fun at throwing snow! |
3. Open up Your Eyes. When you travel with your kids, they are being exposed to new ways of life and new people and cultures, which is always a good thing. Even if you stay within the U.S., you can teach the kids about different local cuisines, the history of the area, and learn about new locations and activities. The world is their classroom!
4. Reconnect. Family ties can be strengthened and relationships can be made stronger on family vacations. By doing different activities that are out of the norm, and going outside our comfort zone, we naturally grow stronger as individuals and as a family.
5. It's About Time. One of the biggest reasons for my family to take a vacation is time. Many times my husband and I are so busy with work, school assignments, church responsibilities, etc. that we don't always have the time to just sit and play with our kids and watch them show us whatever is they want us to watch for hours on end. While on vacation, there are no emails to read, laundry to fold, bathrooms to scrub... it's all "us" time, so we can focus on each other and taking the time to do whatever it is we want to do, even if it is just relaxing on the beach watching our kids play in the sand! Sounds nice, doesn't it?!
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next vacation today! With all of these amazing benefits, why wait? I'll be sure to keep you updated on our family vacation to Hollywood, and share my pictures of us at The Hollywood Wax Museum with you! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up!
So what was your favorite vacation and why? I'd love to hear!
xo, Laura
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.






Family vacations are one of the most fun things that you can do as a family because it one of the rare times when the whole family is together in one place. The family and I are planning on going to Disney World this year since it has been a while since we have been there last. I always want to make sure that my little brother is protected, so I have been looking at sunscreen for kids since we don't want him to get sunburn, which could potentially damper his experience during the week.
ReplyDelete