Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

DIY Thanksgiving Pilgrim and Indian Wood Peg Dolls

I have fallen in love with those cute, modern little wood peg dolls, and decided it was high time I made my own set!  They looked easy enough, and require only a few simple supplies, so I came up with these cute Thanksgiving pilgrim and Indian dolls for my kids to play with.  I wanted my dolls to have a clean, simple, modern look, but you could add as many details to these as you would like!


They cost me under $2 for the peg dolls (using my trusty 50% off coupons at Michaels), and were really easy and quick to make.  I love them so much that now I'm debating whether or not to give them to my kids!


I know this is last minute for this Thanksgiving, but this would be a great activity for even your kids to make while you are preparing your Thanksgiving feast.






These are pretty self-explanatory, but here are the supplies and directions...

Supplies:

  • Wood peg dolls (from any craft store- mine are from Michaels)
  • Paint and fine tip paintbrush
  • Pencil
  • Optional- Sealer (I used Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze)
Directions:


1.  Draw the features that you would like on your doll lightly with a pencil.

2.  Carefuly paint the clothes and faces of your pilgrims and Indians.  

3.  Optional- If you would like your dolls to have a shiny, finished surface that will protect the paint, you can spray a sealer on them.  I used Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze.

Let dry and play away!  Now to decide if I'll let my kids actually touch these or not ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

xo, Laura

Pin It!

0 lovely comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips