Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Verde Chicken Enchiladas Recipe

I am thrilled to share with you an amazing verde chicken enchiladas recipe with you today.  I made it for my family a few nights ago and it tasted soooo good!!  There were NO leftovers, which is always the sign of a good meal, right?! ;)


I'll let you in on a little secret, though.  It wasn't made entirely from scratch!  But shhhh, don't tell, because you would never know by the way this meal tasted!  Most nights of the week I try to make my meals from scratch, but I am always looking for ways to make mealtime prep faster and easier, while still feeling good about feeding my family a healthy and delicious meal.  And I've found a great way to help with this...

I recently discovered Kraft's new Recipe Makers, and am so excited to share my experience with them. Basically, Recipe Makers are combinations of two savory sauces that you buy, and then add in your fresh ingredients to make an easy homemade meal any night of the week.

There are seven different varieties that you can find at your local Safeway store (for me, that store was Vons), and each Recipe Maker variety can be made three different ways, with the recipe for each meal right on the box.  You can also choose from different prep methods- in a slow cooker (for those super busy days), a skillet, or the oven.  It really doesn't get much easier than this!


I chose to try the Verde Chicken Enchilada Recipe Makers, because I am a huge sucker for enchiladas, or any kind of Mexican or Tex Mex food (what can I say, I live in Southern CA!).  So I kind of know my stuff in this category, because we have the best Mexican food and salsa around here in San Diego.

Ingredients:
  • Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchiladas
  • 4 cups shredded cooked chicken 
  • 12 corn tortillas (I used 10 flour tortillas instead)
  • 1 cup Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
Directions:


1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.  Mix the Creamy Ranchero filling sauce with the chicken.


2.  Wrap the stack of tortillas in a damp paper towel, and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until warmed.  Pour half of the Tomatillo Finishing Sauce in the baking pan.


3.  Add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, and roll it up.  Place into the baking dish seam side down.  Cover with the remaining Tomatillo Finishing Sauce, sprinkle on the cheese, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.  


Easy, right?

I have made tomatillo salsa from scratch a few times in the last couple years, and this sauce honestly tasted EXACTLY like the homemade version!!  I was very impressed with the enchiladas.  They had such a great depth of flavor to them- they really tasted like they were totally made from scratch!

I love how easy they were to make, and yet they tasted so fresh and homemade.  This is one of my new favorite meals, and I can't wait to try out the other varieties of Kraft Recipe Makers, especially when school starts and it gets even busier around here!


I served these amazing enchiladas with a green salad and some fresh strawberries.  And because I like everything on my Mexican food, I also added some pico de gallo salsa to the top of my enchiladas, and a little cilantro... yummmmmm!  

I found Kraft Recipe Makers in my store at the end of the soup aisle on a stand-alone display, but depending on your store, you might also find it on racks or near the coolers in the meat department, or in the "meal starters" section near the meat department.

I really hope you try these verde chicken enchiladas!  I'm usually a little apprehensive about buying packaged meal starters, but these looked so good I had to try them, and I am so glad I did!  They were amazing!!

xo, Laura

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Pin It!

0 lovely comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips