I was raised on Disney movies. Every Sunday evening growing up my family would gather around and watch "The Wonderful World of Disney" together. I own almost every Disney movie there is, from the old classics to the new hits. So you can imagine my excitement when I was asked to create a craft inspired by Disney's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
I grew up watching this classic movie and have the whole thing pracitically memorized! I recently watched it again, and loved reliving the friendships, imagination, and adventure of the Hundred Acre Woods. I loved seeing some of my favorite characters come alive in this timeless classic, and loved sharing the magic of Winnie the Pooh with my four children, who are big fans too!
One of my favorite parts of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is the Heffalumps and Woozles song and dream that Pooh has. Remember that scene?
Tigger tells Pooh to beware of Heffalumps and Woozles, who love to steal honey, so Winnie the Pooh falls asleep and dreams his honey being stolen by them. The line from the song "They're green, they're blue, they're pink, they're white..." stuck with me, and I decided to create a colorful Heffalumps and Woozles necklace and bracelet for my girls to wear.
Supplies:
- Wood elephant buttons (found at my local craft store)
- Green, blue, light pink, and bright pink all-surface craft paint
- Paintbrush
- Natural color round wood beads
- Thin ribbon (or jewelery cord)
- Thick clear embossing powder (optional)
- Watermark ink stamp pad (optional)
- Embossing heat tool (optional)
- Glue gun
Directions:
1. The wood elephant buttons come with an orange design on the front side, and a natural wood color or an orange color on the back side. Paint the plain (or orange) back side and the edges of the elephants with each of the colors listed above, one color per elephant. Leave one elephant back natural (to represent the white elephant in the song). This will be enough for one necklace. Paint three elephants in any of the colors you like to make the bracelet. Let dry.
2. To give the elephants a shiny finish, ink the painted side with a clear watermark stamp pad. Sprinkle on a thin layer of thick clear embossing powder, and heat with an embossing heat tool. This will melt the powder onto the elephants and create a shiny surface. Repeat two or three times to create a smooth layer.
3. Using the thin ribbon, string one elephant, one round bead, the next elephant, etc., until all 5 elephants have been strung, with one bead in between each one. Hot glue a small line of glue on the back side of each elephant under the ribbon, so that the ribbon sticks to the elephant and keeps them in place. Use this same technique to make the bracelet.
4. Use a slightly thicker ribbon to make two small bows, and attach to each side of the necklace with a glue gun. Hold a lit match under the ends of the ribbon bow to seal the ends and keep them from fraying.
Isn't it cute and colorful? My daughters are both in love with their new Heffalumps and Woozles necklace and bracelet, and they match with lots of their outfits because of the various colors in the jewelery. I love that every time I see them wear their cute jewelery, it will remind me of the loveable characters in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!
I have some exciting news for you! The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital on August 27th! Be sure to follow Winnie the Pooh on Facebook... he's one popular bear with almost 8 million likes!!
Who is your favorite Winnie the Pooh character?
xo, Laura
You can also check out the links below for some crafts and snacks that other bloggers were inspired to create from Disney's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.









<3 these! I want one :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth!! You should try making one! You can never go wrong with Winnie the Pooh... such a classic!
ReplyDeleteThese turned out so cute! Great idea! (And your daughter is super cute, too!) :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kirsten! I appreciate your nice comment. She is a cutie, isn't she?!
DeleteOh, so clever how you turned those into beads!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather! I saw those elephant buttons and just had to incorporate them somehow- they were too cute!
DeleteI can't get the heffalump song out of my head now! love the necklace.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, sorry Palak! It's been in my head for days now... catchy little song, isn't it?!
DeleteAdorable! and so is your model :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Alexis! Luckily my girls like being my models... they're just too cute not to use :)
DeleteI just adore this jewelry! You captured those "Heffalumps and Woozles" colors perfectly! Pinning!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Laura! I had a fun time making this, and my daughters love it.
DeleteThese are so cute. I would have never thought to use wooden buttons like this.
ReplyDeleteYou should try it Cassie! There are so many cute wood buttons out there to use :)
DeleteWhat a sweet little necklace and a great idea! These would make an awesome party favor.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Elizabeth. Yes, they totally would! Perfect for a Winnie the Pooh party, or even a zoo or safari party!
DeleteI LOVE IT!!! My daughter is Pooh obsessed---this is perfect for her!!
ReplyDeleteYay Sarah! That movie is such a classic, isn't it? You should make one for your daughter :)
Delete