“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and BJ’s Restaurants, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BJsrestaurants http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO”
A few weeks ago it was my birthday, and I was lucky enough to have my husband's cousin, his wife, and their new baby boy in town to celebrate with us! We wanted to go out to eat somewhere fun and delicious for a date night, so we chose BJ's Restaurant, because we can always find something new to try there that we love! Plus, their famous Pizookie dessert is to die for- yum!
BJ's Restaurant has recently partnered with Big Poppa Smokers BBQ to create a new Specialty Menu that is available until September 2, 2013. This menu is available at ALL neighborhood BJ's Restaurants with just a few exceptions. We wanted to be sure to try some food off their special menu before it was gone, and it did not disappoint!
There were so many amazing choices on their new Big Poppa Smokers BBQ Specialty Menu that we had a hard time deciding what to order... I narrowed it down to baby back pork ribs, pecan wood-smoked barbeque half chicken, barbeque pulled pork sandwich, or a barbeque beef sandwich.
After much thought, my husband and I both decided to order the Barbeque Beef Sandwich, which consisted of tender roast beef covered in BJ's Jeremiah Red Ale BBQ Sauce, along with melted provolone cheese on a toasted garlic cheese French roll topped with crispy onion strings... YUM!! My sandwich was served with wedge-cut seasoned fries, while my husband chose mashed potatoes. We also ordered their handcrafted root beer, which was amazing!
My husband knows his barebeque (he lived in North Carolina for two years, after all), and he said that his barbeque beef sandwich was the best barbeque sandwich he's ever eaten! I LOVED the crispy onion strings that were inside my sandwich- they added a nice flavor to the already delicious sandwich, and gave it a nice crunchy texture, too. If you follow me on Instagram (which I'd love for you to do!), then this photo might look familiar ;)
Next time we go to BJ's, we are going to try the Blue Ribbon Barbeque Combo for two for only $19.95- it includes a pecan wood-smoked barbeque half chicken with a half rack of baby back pork ribs, as well as as your choice of BJ's housemade BBQ sauces, BJ's cornbread with honey pecan butter, and your choice of two BJ's Blue Ribbon BBQ sides. So much food for under $20, right?
For dessert, I was surprised with a free birthday Pizookie for my birthday, complete with a candle for me to blow out! My birthday Pizookie was so cute I had to get a picture and Instagram it! My husband, Chris, Morgan, and Rachel ordered the Pizookie Trio, which is your choice of three mini Pizookies each served with a scoop of ice cream. They chose the classic chocolate chunk, the red velvet, and the white chocolate macadamia nut Pizookies to share, and ate every last crumb of cookie and drop of ice cream!
We had such a great night celebrating my birthday and catching up with family at BJ's Restaurant! The atmosphere was great, and the food was amazing. I can't wait to go back for more!
Be sure to connect with BJ's Restaurant on their website, Twitter, Facebook, and with Big Poppa Smokers on their website!
xo, Laura
Monday, July 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)







Oh my gosh!!!! There isn't a BJ's where I live now but this reminds me of when I was in school and I was living with my dad in CA! My friends and I used to drive down to our BJ's which was a good 35 minutes in no traffic just to get a pizookie! Hahaha, good times!! And happy late birthday!
ReplyDeleteRunt
runtspickins@yahoo.com
www.runtspickins.wordpress.com
Thanks for the birthday wish :) 35 minute drive for a pizookie- long drive, but definitely worth it!! Man, they are good! Thanks for sharing!
Delete