Happy Friday!! Ever heard of the band Of Monsters and Men? They're my pick this week for my Favorite Music Friday!
They have a cool story- In 2010, when no one had heard of them, they performed in their country, Iceland's, battle of the bands. They won, and grew huge almost instantly. Their first album came in in April last year, so they are relatively new, but their music is amazing. Give them a listen and see if you agree!
This first song I'm sharing, called "Little Talks," is so catchy and contagious, I could honestly listen to it again. and again. and again. It's actually blasting right now as we speak and the kiddos are sleeping ;)
Another amazing song, "King and Lionheart."
I hope you like Of Mice and Men as much as I do!!
P.S I see from my stats that there are lots of people who read my Friday music posts, but I don't get many comments on Fridays. Do you guys like this, or would you rather see something else? Be honest, I can handle it :) It's kind of a nice break for me to talk about something different, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks!
Have a great weekend! And happy early St. Patrick's Day!! I'm making corned beef, rosemary Irish soda bread, and red potatoes... no boiled cabbage this time. No one ate it last year, not even me :)
xo, Laura
Aw, thanks for that. They are my favorite right now. Little Talks is even my ringtone. :)
ReplyDeleteFunny you say that, because I was thinking of getting it for my ringtone! I can't get enough of that song!!
DeleteI listen to every band you recommend just to try new things :)
ReplyDeleteYay Shelley, thanks for your feedback! I love hearing new music, and finding new favorites :)
DeleteI always love hearing new bands. You always seem to have the same taste as me, love you picks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Justyn :) I always knew you had great taste in music ;) Glad you like them!!
Delete