Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How to Organize Lego Instruction Booklets

If you have kids, then you probably have Legos.  And if you have Legos, then you probably have Lego instruction books floating around your house, getting bent and torn and lost.  I have a solution for you!


I have four kids, and massive amounts of Lego sets, so my husband and I came up with this method of keeping our Lego instruction books nice and neat and organized.  I've noticed that my kids play with their Legos more, now that they each have their own organized binder of instruction booklets.  Pretty cool little bonus!  This method also can be used to organize other toy booklets as well, such as Lincoln Logs, etc.  So here's what you'll need...

Supplies:
  • Binder
  • Sheet Protectors 
  • Page Dividers 
  • Labels or Label Maker (optional)
  • Piece of 12x12 Card Stock (optional- for cover)
  • Letter Stickers (optional- for cover title)

Step 1:

Remove staples from a Lego instruction book, and cut straight down the middle fold with scissors.  Place each instruction page inside its own sheet protector, making sure to keep the pages in their numeric order.

At first my husband and I laminated each page of some of our books, but after paying $50 at Office Depot for only a couple of books to be laminated, we decided to change our plan.  Now we use the sheet protectors instead,  which are actually easier because you don't have to punch the holes in the pages like you did with the laminating.

Step 2:

Insert all of the pages inside a 3-ring binder.  Label a page divider with the name of that particular Lego set, and insert divider into binder.  Done!  Couldn't be easier :)

Such a simple solution, but it makes such a big difference to have all of the instructions in one place, where they aren't getting torn and ruined and lost. 

I made 5 binders, because we are kind of Lego fanatics over here.  Here are 4 of the 5...


For my son, I made a Lego City binder, a Lego Hobbit/Lord of the Rings binder, and a Star Wars Legos binder.  I found some Lego card stock at Joanns, so I used that for the covers, along with some yellow letter stickers I had in my scrapbook stash for the title.


For my daughter, I made a binder for her Lego Friends.  I used a piece of light purple glitter card stock for the cover, and then used some letter stickers for the title.

I also made a Lego Duplo binder (cover not pictured) for all of our Duplo sets.


And here is the busy boy at work with his new binder.  I hope this project will help you feel more organized, like it has for us!!

If you liked this project, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin', and Instagram.

XO, Laura

Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. What a great idea. That is a great picture, looks like a Pottery Barn ad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

 
Blogging tips