I have a lot of Pottery Barn sea grass baskets in our home to organize our things. I love how durable they are, but I don't love that there isn't a place to label them. I am in love my label machine, and feel kind of sad when a container doesn't have a label on it. Yes, I am totally serious. SO, I came up with a way to label my baskets so that I (and the rest of the family) can remember what goes inside each one.
Reusable Chalkboard Labels! These are easy to make, easy to erase, and can be relabeled and reused.
Wanna' make your own?
You'll need the items pictured above, plus a hole punch, chalk, and some twine, ribbon, or string.
1. Punch holes in your chipboard shapes. I had some chipboard in my scrapbook stash, so I used those, but you could also use wood rounds like I used for my wood advent calendar coins, or thick cardboard or anything else that is durable enough and can be hole punched and painted. Be creative!
2. Paint the chalkboard paint onto your tags following the manufacturer's directions. I used Martha Stewart Crafts Chalkboard Paint, because I am a sucker for anything that has Martha's name on it :)
3. Label your tags by writing onto them with chalk. Make a mistake? No problem, just erase with a slightly damp paper towel.
4. Measure the twine, jute, or ribbon to your desired length, cut, and string through the hole in the tag. Tie tag to your basket, and tie a knot. DONE!
Now stand back and admire your amazing organization skills! After I finished the kids' baskets on their bookshelf, I realized I had more baskets in my kitchen cupboard, so I labeled those. Then I remembered I had more in the laundry room. Then the entertainment center. So I went a little label crazy, and I'm loving the results. I hope you give these Reusable Chalkboard Labels a try!
AND, because I love Martha Stewart and I love labels, I'm giving away a mega set of 16 packages of Martha Stewart labels, all to one lucky reader!! (This is not a sponsored post, I bought all of these labels myself because I love them and want to share the love :)
Here's how to enter the giveaway:
1. Leave a comment below telling me the one area in your home that needs to be organized the most.
2. For a second entry, you can follow Make Life Lovely on Facebook and post a link to this giveaway (or to your favorite post on Make Life Lovely), and leave a comment telling me you did so.
3. For a third entry, follow me on Pinterest and pin any project on Make Life Lovely, and leave a comment telling me you did so.
Easy enough, right?
This giveaway will close on Sunday, January 6th at 11:59 pm. The random winner will be announced on Monday, January 7th, and will be sent a lovely little set of 16 packages of Martha Stewart labels. Think of all the fun you could have organizing with all those labels!
If you need more organization help, check out my post on How to Organize All Those Ripped Out Magazine Pages that you know you have lying around ;)
If you liked this project, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin', and Instagram.
Good luck, and happy organizing!!
XO, Laura






Love your blog. My scrapbook room is in dire need of organizing.
ReplyDeleteI also pin'd your magazine binder on Pinterest. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteSo fun...great New Year incentive!
ReplyDeleteMy home is pretty organized. What it needs are labels. :) But, the one place that isn't is hubby's office--ick.
ReplyDelete1. Love the labels. Love the blog. Love you! I love to organize. With five kiddos, organization makes my life a little less crazy! Let's see I need the labels for kitchen pantry, entertainment center, hall closet, linen closet, kids toys, the garage, the list is endless....
ReplyDelete2. I'm a follower on facebook!
3. Pinterest love. Reposted some ideas.
Ooo, I need to organize my office!!!
ReplyDeleteThe kids bathroom. five kids share one
ReplyDeleteI posted on Facebook
ReplyDeleteAnd i follow u on pibterest
ReplyDeleteIf only I had time to get organized! I have a 10 year plan for that.
ReplyDeleteI would love this labels to organized my pantry like yours
ReplyDeleteI would organize my bathroom closet! i asked for TP yesterday and while someone was getting it for me i heard many things fall out and the child say "i hate this closet"! the 6th is my birthday too!
ReplyDeleteMy guest closet downstairs needs to be organized BAD!
ReplyDeletethe kids room? or the bathroom? or everything!
ReplyDeletei'm a facebook fan.
ReplyDeleteI love all of Martha Stewarts Office accessories! :)
ReplyDeletemy closet
ReplyDeletemy closet
ReplyDelete