Soon I was down on the ground with my kids collecting acorns! We brought them home, and I thought they would make a great decoration, but they needed just a little something. I got out my Martha Stewart metallic paints, got to work, and ended up with these little jewels. Aren't they beautiful?
You will need some Martha Stewart metallic paint in bronze and gold, a paintbrush, acorns, and a glue gun. That's it! I bought my paint at Michael's, used two coupons, and paid under $3.50 with tax.
The first and most important step is to bake your acorns! They could have little critters in them, and baking them for an hour at 200 degrees will kill them, so better safe than sorry. After they have baked and cooled, all you need to do is to paint the acorns with the bronze paint, and the little acorn tops with the gold paint. Let them dry, then glue the tops onto the acorns. That's it!
I love the way they look in my Pottery Barn leaf bowl.
Or on my rustic wood stands. (See how else I used these stands at the Very Hungry Caterpillar baby shower I created for my friend)
They also make a great vase filler.
There are so many fun ways that you can decorate with these golden acorns. Get creative, try making these, and then have fun finding the perfect way to display them in your home! Let me know what you think of these little cuties by leaving a comment below.
You might also like my Easy DIY Fall Thanksgiving Wreath, this cute Boy's Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat, and this Easy DIY Fall Headband (for boys or girls).
If you liked this project, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin', and Instagram.
Happy crafting!
XO, Laura






these are so lovely! i love holiday decor that is natural/earthy but i still love the sparkly/glittery fun stuff too so this is the perfect mixture! ...hope you left some acorns at mast park for me :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I left a few thousand there just for you! ;) Glad you like it! I love the natural look with just a little bit of shimmer. I thought about spray painting them gold, but it would have been too much and taken away from the natural beauty of the acorns. Thanks for commenting!
ReplyDeleteThese are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you Maranda!
DeleteI have never seen acorns like those! Is there a certain kind of oak tree nearby?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure on the variety of the oak tree... maybe it's a regional thing?
Delete